Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Mrs Herts

This 1914 year old lady was travelling from Kul to London in Business Class and I happen to look into her well being.

Her son and ex wife was travelling in the coach class as they can't afford to spend like her so she told me and moreover he is retired now at age 64 and was a barber before he went and joined Shell.

Her son blow dry her hair in a KL hotel before coming on this flight.She is really proud of her son from her first marriage.She was pregnant with him during the World War 2 when her first husband had to go war.

She remarried at 60 I think for the second time and along came three step daughters.

She is actually making this special trip to attend her grand daughter's wedding which she has never seen.Incidentally she is from Auckland and her favourite drink is Gin Tonic.
She is a Protestant and looking at her she is full of life even at this age and travelling.

She lives in Auckland alone and her sister is in her neighbourhood though her son would drop in occassionally from London to visit with 3bottles of Gin otherwise she would not let him into her house!He has his own place in Spain.

She also mentioned a lady(probably her step daughter,I think) who used to work at a london library, took her on a tour of some of the places where the public were not allowed in the library and she felt honoured.This lady always send her books to read even to this day and she showed me a cute little book mark that clips on to the page of the book!!I must look out for one in London so I can give to my niece as she read a lot too.

I must have spend about three hours or so talking to her and before we parted she says that she will spare a thought for me before she retire to sleep.She told me that she always say the "Lord's Prayer"before she goes to sleep.

Well,Mrs Herts it was my pleasure to keep you company!!!.

No comments: